Choosing between Windows XP and Vista for future laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah vista isn't that bad, i've had like one issue with a game, but i eventually got it worked out. as far as i can tell you can pretty much play any game on here, i've played bf2, css, starcraft, wc3. its a little different that xp, takes a little time to get use to. but i think i'd still prefer xp, but i'll take vista.

I find that most people who dis Vista have either a) never tried it, or b) have no specific reason why they don't like it.

I like it because it lets me play my DX10 games and it simply works without any earth shattering issues whatsoever.

I find that most people who dis Vista have either a) never tried it, or b) have no specific reason why they don't like it.

I like it because it lets me play my DX10 games and it simply works without any earth shattering issues whatsoever.

i would choose either one, but does the aero experience drop the battery life of the laptop???

i have no idea, i get around 2:50 mins worth of battery on a full charge. i have no idea what xp would run on my laptop though. i haven't installed xp yet.

i have no idea, i get around 2:50 mins worth of battery on a full charge. i have no idea what xp would run on my laptop though. i haven't installed xp yet.

can u try it out and report back?? wait i know some1 who might answer...

Yes, battery life on my Vista laptop was a bit shorter than on my XP. I'd say under normal usage it was about 10-20 minutes shorter.

what if u drop the aero theme and get that ugly one that comes with it... ewww too much white..... EDIT that didn't come out right

Hello,

My opinion? Get Vista. Main reasons are improved security compared to XP and better prefetching.

Many of the major applications are compatible with Vista and if they aren't directly compatible, then the compatability mode option can (for the most part) be used to get previous OS apps to work in Vista.

Vista Business Edition came preinstalled on my HP nx7300 notebook, and I've been using it eversince with no problems whatsoever. I get around 4 hours 45 mins surfing the Internet with a medium-high brightness, with Aero on but transparency off, and with a power saver profile.

However, if you're a hardcore gamer with a lot of DX9 games, then I'd suggest Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom