Choosing between Windows XP and Vista for future laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Vista Home Premium. I got it for $80 up at college because I promised to use it for "academic use only". Yeah... okay. :p

Please explain why Vista is so bad.

R U serious? You think Vista is good? All I'm going to say is go ahead and buy vista. It's the only way he'll know if it's good or not. I had it installed on my pc but encountered too many software issues. Not compatible with vista. That's why IMO it sucks. Besides, others here will agree.

I'd say just wait for service pack to come out.

R U serious? You think Vista is good? All I'm going to say is go ahead and buy vista. It's the only way he'll know if it's good or not. I had it installed on my pc but encountered too many software issues. Not compatible with vista. That's why IMO it sucks. Besides, others here will agree.

I'd say just wait for service pack to come out.

I've used and I do use vista and I have not encountered many problems. I was just asking because it seems like the grand majority of Vista bashers have not even bothered to use it first hand. I'm also curious to hear more about your problems with this "bad" operating system.

I've used and I do use vista and I have not encountered many problems. I was just asking because it seems like the grand majority of Vista bashers have not even bothered to use it first hand. I'm also curious to hear more about your problems with this "bad" operating system.

I said it sucks my friend because a few programs that I use are worthless under Vista. Cmon now! You might have had a nice experience but I'm not alone and stand by what I say, Vista sucks!

It doesn't make sense to spend money on "thee" best os ever made, yet sooo many programs aren't compatible. Listen, no need to go back and fourth, IMO, it sucks for me. I congratulate you with having such a nice Vista experience.

I said it sucks my friend because a few programs that I use are worthless under Vista. Cmon now! You might have had a nice experience but I'm not alone and stand by what I say, Vista sucks!

It doesn't make sense to spend money on "thee" best os ever made, yet sooo many programs aren't compatible. Listen, no need to go back and fourth, IMO, it sucks for me. I congratulate you with having such a nice Vista experience.

I don't think it's the best OS ever made, cause I have had some issues with it. I had to change some things around in my registry to get some games/apps to work, but overall I do think it is a solid OS. My opinion of it is generally, if there is an option - get it but don't bother upgrading to it from an xp machine until you have to. It's not worth the money right now because it doesn't bring enough to the table yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom