Gaming mouse razer vs. logitech

Status
Not open for further replies.
MX-518 is better IMO...The G5 is good as well however I just think the MX-518 is a better buy.

The MX-518/G5 battle has been going on for ages and most prefer the MX-518 because its a few bucks cheaper.

Thats what I have, I use the two side/arrow buttons, as my lay prone,catch keys in bf2. When I press them togethor really fast, I'm like impossibly to hit. I like Mx518, was my first mouse not to be wireless, but I love it.

Yep the G5 (cheaper, first model) only has one side button and after having 2 with my MX-518 I could never go back...2 is essential in my eyes to being a good FPS player.

Yep the G5 (cheaper, first model) only has one side button and after having 2 with my MX-518 I could never go back...2 is essential in my eyes to being a good FPS player.

don't those have weights in them??

I'm considering getting a DeathAdder, but I want to feel it in my hand first. I found 'em online for $40 something the other night, which is cheaper than a Diamondback.

What thing everyone failed to mention when comparing the logitech mice to the razor mice ( which I admit are good mice but inferior in my view ).

The thing is that the Logitech mice ( mx518, g5, etc ) are designed for only right handed people while the razor mice are designed for left handed or right handed ( ambidextrous or whatever that word is ). Some might think that as a plus, when actually its really a negative. Since the logitech mice are designed specifically for the right hands, your hand can sit more comfortably ( can be argued, but I really don't how ) on the mouse since its shaped for your right hand, while on the other hand the ambidextrous razor mice have to lose a bit of shaped comfort to accomidate both hands.

I bought the G5, i went to bestbuy and compared them for myself

the G5 was handsdown a better feeling mouse to me. plus you can add/subtract weights. i think thats a cool feature.

The DeathAdder is a righty mouse. As for my Diamondback, I hold it a little different. My thumb and ring fingers hold the plastic rim that runs around it. My index and middle fingers lay in the valleys built into the left and right mouse buttons... I use my index finger for my scroll wheel. the only button I have mapped is the rear left (front left is to change sensitivity) which is set for double-click.

My old mouse on my wife's computer was a fight hander built like the g5. It was comfortable, but I couldn't move it like I can my Razer... the grip was all wrong.

The DeathAdder is a righty mouse. As for my Diamondback, I hold it a little different. My thumb and ring fingers hold the plastic rim that runs around it. My index and middle fingers lay in the valleys built into the left and right mouse buttons... I use my index finger for my scroll wheel. the only button I have mapped is the rear left (front left is to change sensitivity) which is set for double-click.

My old mouse on my wife's computer was a fight hander built like the g5. It was comfortable, but I couldn't move it like I can my Razer... the grip was all wrong.

that is probably true, that is one reason i think im going to get the razer is because on a spin i like to just swivel the mouse by putting the back of my palm on the desk, and i dont think i could do that with the g5.

alright im pretty much convinced on the razer, i don't really see the weights being an issue as i'll just get used to it anyway. the deathadder looks cool, but i think im going to go with a diamondback/copperhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom