What Motherboard to get with Athlon 64 X2 5200+??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Core 2 Duos are the best CPU's out at the moment...an E6320 which is about 25 more than the X2 5200 can be overclocked easily to 3.0ghz+.

if you were dead set on not overclocking then an AMD equivelent is fine however it is very safe to overclock these days and you get much better value out of them...

However this is a good cheap AM2 mobo
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

It also is one of the best overclocking boards for them as well so you can overclock your CPU...

You could get an X2 3600 for 60 bucks and that board and easily overclock to 3.0-3.2ghz and be on par with an X2 6000 for a lot less

i agree with sora all the way.

my other rig has an x2 3600+ and tforce 550 and its solid, together they come to about $150.

I'm not an overclocker

Here is my biggest concern.... I want to use Windows Vista Ult 64 bit is there any motherboard for the 5200 that will have all vista support?

I'm not an overclocker

Here is my biggest concern.... I want to use Windows Vista Ult 64 bit is there any motherboard for the 5200 that will have all vista support?

you dont have to overclock those too, but im sure there is a mobo with full vista support but im not an amd guy.

I'm not an overclocker

Theres always time to become one and today's safeness of overclocking is better than ever. if you don't overclock the X2 5200 then thousands of of other members who payed more less than 1/2 of the chip you want will be about 20% faster...

60 bucks and your x2 3600 can hit 3.0ghz easily...the speed of an X2 6000.

However if you like being beat by 12 year old kids who overclocked their X2's then thats fine as long as you realize overclocking is 100% safe as long as you have an IQ of over lets say...80?

Anyway the motherboard should be vista compatible..I don't see know it would not.

also dont base your judgement on pure clock speed, intels are at the top of the market for duos, and if you look at the benchmarks an e6750 at 2.66 will kill a 3.0 x2 6000+

true enough, but you would need to clock it to at least 3.---ghz+ to make up the price/perormance difference (after both companies price cuts).
O.P. overclcoking mobo...?
evga 590sli or the biostar that sora listed. both will get super clocks. buy the 3600, it rocks to have a $60 cpu that performs reeeeealll close to one that costs $230.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom