Best site for a used computer under $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would every ones option be regarding those cheaper computers that can be bought for around $200-$250 like the Compaq?

What would every ones option be regarding those cheaper computers that can be bought for around $200-$250 like the Compaq?

LOL, you sound just like my friend greg. His old celeron emachine pc recently died and he kept asking me to find him another system...but a used one on ebay. I kept trying to convince him to just buy a new mb, cpu, and memory and use his existing hd, optical drives and case.
Finally after several conversations with the guy, he agreed and I ordered him an asus mb, brisbane 3600+ and 1g of memory. He spent less than $180 shipped.
He couldn't be happier.
I kept telling him not to buy any more older systems(the emachine was his second in 1yr) because the truth is...you buy cheap, you buy often! Sooner or later that new old system would break down.
Anyway, spend at least $300 and you'll thank all of us here that are telling you to spend more than $100.

Also, I know the addiction some of you guys are talking about. Just the other day, I couldn't resist and bought a 250g hd for my external case. $55 including shipping. Did I need it? Nope. But it was so da_mn cheap.
I often fix pc's for other people and that little cash I get helps me to buy my equipment.

I moved away from the idea of buying a new old computer because it is old, it could die within a short time. I have not heard anything good about the Emachine systems, I am going to increase my budget to around a total of $300 after tax and any possible shipping, be that a cheap built computer, building my own or a combination of the two is yet to be seen.

How would you rate a Compaq SR5010NX, it may require more ram, I have seen those for $200-$250 unless they are sold out, they are usless if parts start going out after a short time.

300 bucks with a flatpanel monitor you say?

Look on ebay for a used flatpanel you can find a 15-17 inch for around 50-60 bucks used.

I can build a powerful computer for around 230 bucks but that also excludes

Monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS/Cd-Drive

So if you can find a cheap flatpanel on ebay used around 50-60 bucks you can make this work.

300 bucks with a flatpanel monitor you say?

Look on ebay for a used flatpanel you can find a 15-17 inch for around 50-60 bucks used.

I can build a powerful computer for around 230 bucks but that also excludes

Monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS/Cd-Drive

So if you can find a cheap flatpanel on ebay used around 50-60 bucks you can make this work.

When you say flatpanel you mean a crt monitor? I've never seen 15-17" lcds for $60 unless they were broken or defective in some way. A 19" dell crt monitor...those will cost under $50 including shipping.
The system you recommend^ is cool! I also recommend it!

I've seen LCDs at 15" go for $50-$60 on ebay, as well.

NO way!!!! I'm on ebay all the time and IF you see one for that price, it'll be defective. Seriously, a good lcd for under $60, no way. I'm not saying you guys lie, but I have never seen a GOOD lcd for that price. Again, for $60 they'll have scratches, cracks and all sorts of defects.

I'm going to have to search a little better. I get people all the time asking me to get them a good deal on an lcd.

I got my LCD from a warehouse that sells refurbished and used office supplies. A 15" compaq that was refurbished through Dell and It's worked well for a year now and still going strong. I got it for 60 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom