SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
modular just means that all the cords are seperate so u only need to put in the ones u need much be for air flow, most new psu are modular

The combined total amperage is only 41...which is enough for any single GPU solution system however for a unit that price thats quite low. The Corsair 620HX which can be had on zipzoomfly.com for about 10 bucks more has a total of 50 amps and 620 watts.

Seasonic are good unit just very expensive for the amperage they put out. Corsair are of the same quality just about when it comes to PSU's.

The combined total amperage is only 41...which is enough for any single GPU solution system however for a unit that price thats quite low. The Corsair 620HX which can be had on zipzoomfly.com for about 10 bucks more has a total of 50 amps and 620 watts.

Seasonic are good unit just very expensive for the amperage they put out. Corsair are of the same quality just about when it comes to PSU's.

But, doesnt It have for 12 vlt rails, rated at 18 amps? Wouln't that be 72?

That just the peak which is 18a for each rail which is the highest the PSU can supply at a brief time, the actual maximum is 41a combined which the PSU can supply constantly with stability. 41a is very good especially for a 550W with an 88% efficiency. That's more than enough for a high end system with a single 8800GTX with plenty of head room.

That just the peak which is 18a for each rail which is the highest the PSU can supply at a brief time, the actual maximum is 41a combined which the PSU can supply constantly with stability. 41a is very good especially for a 550W with an 88% efficiency. That's more than enough for a high end system with a single 8800GTX with plenty of head room.

Exactly right. 41a is plenty for an 8800GTX system and the efficiency is 88% which is very high meaning it'll save you a few bucks on electric hehe.

i agree with sore for the price of a SS its not worth it
if you havent bought it yet i would save your money and buy a Hiper Type R 580watt for about 100 bucks

Exactly right. 41a is plenty for an 8800GTX system and the efficiency is 88% which is very high meaning it'll save you a few bucks on electric hehe.

Will run it 8800gts 320mb in SLI? I havnt boughten it yet, I'm buying it from a local store, they also have a 650w SLI S12, same thing just with 650 watts

Most likely but why would you ever go SLI? I get tired of telling people SLI is not worth it's money in performance...you would be better off with a single 8800GTS before you ever went SLI 8800GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom