Cpu Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
I have just recently OC'ed my e6600 to 3.0 by just increasing the fsb to 334. I run it on a Asus p5b-deluxe and am wondering will i experience any problems since all i did was pump up the fsb? I am very new to this OC concept and am wondering if i will be experiencing any problems for not increasing the Vcore, or Ram settings? i have been running for a good while and haven't had a shut down. Plus i am on stock Bios version. Any idea if i am good to stay where i am at if i dont get any crashes?

Well my CPU-Z keeps bouncing between two reading one being correct and another reading a 6 multiplier instead of a 9. And what program would be best for monitoring temps?

The bouncing is due to Intel's SpeedStep. Thats completely normal. Everest Home is the best for temps.

The program you suggested says my MoBo temp is at 30c and my Video is at 50c, i have left it on for about 19 hours so far. Everything looks good. I cant find a direct CPU temp on Everest, only MoBo.

Both cores are stable at 24c, i think i am in the green, i might want to push further in the future but im fine with this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom