Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Case - $69.99 from Frys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there was a problem with the top-slot and video card clearance during the inital release of this case. After some builders brought it to the attention of Antec they did tests with the boards in question and made a mid-production change to the case which corrected this problem. That was about a year ago if I remember correctly. Currently there are no issues like you have read in the past Here is an review stating the exact problem:

A little note, the Antec Nine Hundred has been revised the reason for the revision is that some graphics cards did not have enough clearance when using the first expansion slot, Antec has corrected the issue and is replacing the case for anyone who has this problem. So if you have this problem contact Antec. This problem only affects some Video cards that have DVI ports (Ed: which is 99% of cards nowadays...) VGA and HDMI are not affected at all.

Taken from this site: HardwareGeeks -- Articles and reviews -- Review: Antec Nine Hundred

=( I just get a server error when I go to the 900's link, and it redirects me to the main page. I hope they're not sold out already...but I wouldn't doubt it. That's the case I was planning on getting too for my new build, but I hope they get more in/stay at the $70 mark...cuz I'll order one right away o_O

The case isn't listed on their website. Im pretty sure they must have been clearing inventory

But i just called to check to see if I could get the $20 difference, since i ordered mine the day before the price cut. So they are gonna credit that to my card. w00t

road trip road trip!!! whooo!!!!!

tomgreen2.jpg

lol

Just got off of the phone with them... they're just out of stock/they had to pull the item off of their site because of too many back orders LOL. They'll be getting it in-stock again in a couple weeks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom