upgrading to AMD Opteron 165 Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Newegg.com - AMD Opteron 165 Denmark 1.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

Hey guys, im finally going to upgrade my processor.
I'm hoping that this will improve my performance in games and other usage.

Since i just purchased it, ill probably recieve it towards the end of the week.

I need to know if there is a way to oc this processor with software...if its possible. I dont wannt oc it too much, just enough and safely.
I also bought AC5 and i need to know where i can apply this...on my gfx card and processor.

Since its been really hot in my area my pc temps been around 55-60 idle. And i was wondering if the processor and ac5 will decrease it by some.

Thanks

I need to know if there is a way to oc this processor with software...if its possible. I dont wannt oc it too much, just enough and safely.

I would only suggest overclocking through the motherboard bios. Software overclocking solutions are not always as safe. Also, use manual bios overclocking, not any auto overclock options in the bios. Its not as hard, or dangerous as you might think, also those optys overclock very well.

yea but emachines wont let you overclock

hmm i dont know about any software that will do it tho, doesnt sound liek something i would want to try tho

good choice on the proc....same one i have. I have mine turned up to 3.0ghz and its fast, very fast. I suggest now looking for a new motherboard since it is not likely that emachines will OC very well.

yea but emachines wont let you overclock

hmm i dont know about any software that will do it tho, doesnt sound liek something i would want to try tho

he's right, maybe u should have bought a new mobo with that opty, and reuse everything else

if i bought a new mobo...wouldnt i have to buy new ram too? I just upgraded lik less than a month ago. Its not a big deal for me to oc it. I think ill be fine. Im just wondering if i will notice a difference in regular usage and gaming. and will be idle temp get lowered? And about the ac5...where am i suppose to apply it.

no you could keep the ram. all s939 chips use the same DDR RAM. if you dont have the cash for a new mobo you can always use clockgen, but your mobo will hold you back so dont expect much, also its not safe that way.

i just wont overclock it.
Hopefulle i notice some difference in performance. games and other stuff.
Do you think ill be able to increase settings a bit more for my games? will i get a good inrease in fps?

i would say its best to invest in a new motheboard as ur cpu is gonna go to waste. also yes the as5 (not ac5 lol) will prop be same temps for maybe a week or so but then will drop alot maybe between 10c-4c maybe more. and yes also for ur gpu the same but prob less drop in temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom