My PC is ALMOST complete. Need advice on one more thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I just ordered patriot extreme 2x1gb 4-4-4-12, and a sapphire x1950xt. So no turning back for those two. I need advice on a power supply that will NOT fail me, any suggestions? Some of you said get extremepower 550w, while others said rosewill 550w, I'm still not sure what to get.

CPU:
e6750

Video Card (purchased):
x1950xt

RAM (purchased):
patriot extreme 2x1gb 4-4-4-12

Mobo:
p35-ds3r

HDD:
Seagate 250gb

Monitor:
Samsung 20"

Case:
CoolerMaster Centurion

Power Supply:
I have no freakin clue... reviews on newegg isn't helping much either.

Yes, I decided the quad core and 8800gts was overkill for the games I'll be playing. I'll probably be hooked on SC2 once it comes out and that'll keep me happy.

rosewill, refer to the psu guide

I just looked at the psu guide but it's not very specific. It just names the brands and no model/wattage. It says Antec for high end builds... but what if someone buys a 300watt Antec for a SLI system or something. I need specifics.... that guide is way too vague.

I just looked at the psu guide but it's not very specific. It just names the brands and no model/wattage. It says Antec for high end builds... but what if someone buys a 300watt Antec for a SLI system or something. I need specifics.... that guide is way too vague.

I would have to agree with you. That guide is completely worthless along with half of the guides on this forum. No offense to the authors of the guides, I just don't find most of them helpful and the ones that are, are outdated.

I would have to agree with you. That guide is completely worthless along with half of the guides on this forum. No offense to the authors of the guides, I just don't find most of them helpful and the ones that are, are outdated.

ask Ste to build a new guide..... because Antec is losing quality and Rosewill are good budget PSU's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom