Best site for a used computer under $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not just build a simple $300 AMD 3600+ build?

I was on my way here to say that if I am going to spend $200 why not just save a little more and purchase a far better system.

unless you are 13 and have birthday/christmas money as your only income, why not actually put forth some money to get a decent computer?

That is not an issue, moved past those years some time ago, it has to do with what I would like to spend, either I will go for a system under $100 or get far better system if I am going in the $200 plus range.

I have see those deals on $200 systems which require more ram running Vista.

Also looks good, I should work on a budget of about $300.00.

you wont get what you have for 100.00...
the build above is good, except you need windows xp, and that will run you about 100 bucks more, so for windows p.c. you are looking at around 400 MINIMUM. for a new one, that is. i dont suggest buying a used computer, especially one that is old as dust.

I might as well save for a new system, unless I will be spending less then $100.

for XP all you need to do is find a friend with the disc and the code, and you're all set

ive put XP SP2 from my disc on 4 separate computers now

i was in teh same boat about a week ago when my laptop blew up... i didnt want to spend more than about $500 on a whole system

now i've got around $900 and i'm still lacking the mobo, and processor. i'm coming up to $1400 total. haha. it just goes to show you that once you get started you will change your mind. im spending $900 more than i originally planned.

Of course, 400 isn't a minimum...whoever said that hasn't been paying attention...

You can easily build a celeron/sempron system for about $200-$250 that would actually make a quite decent workstation.

$400 is the minimum for a "performance" pc because its where you can being getting things like dual core cpus, fast ram, ect

For a windows "workstation" you can hit $200, but its obviously not going to be as fast a $400 machine, but that's fine for some people.

Like, I don't game...even if I built a new pc with a practically unlimited budget it would come to under $500...I have no need for a graphics card beyond something that just takes the load off the cpu or more than 2gbs of ram... Core 2 Duo 6600 at fry's for $230 with motherboard, a psu/case for about $70, a $70 250gb HD, DVD burner for $30, $100 for ram. $500 bucks...like...the most I'd ever spend on pcs at the moment (as in, the current line pcs and prices, obviously...in the year 2030 I might spend more ;))

for XP all you need to do is find a friend with the disc and the code, and you're all set

ive put XP SP2 from my disc on 4 separate computers now

i was in teh same boat about a week ago when my laptop blew up... i didnt want to spend more than about $500 on a whole system

now i've got around $900 and i'm still lacking the mobo, and processor. i'm coming up to $1400 total. haha. it just goes to show you that once you get started you will change your mind. im spending $900 more than i originally planned.

same here... when i was building my first system (my first bought system was a Pentium 3 Coppermine..) and that P3 went bad on me, i wasn't planning on spending more than $350, and i picked this system for a good price with 256mb ram, picked up 512mb kit, and this system ended up for 700$ to buy this thing

yeah i didnt think about using it from a friend (or myself). that will save me 100 bucks on my moms upcoming build too, so thanks thats great.
lol i know what you mean i haven't stopped spending money on stuff since i got started. very infectuous.

yeah i didnt think about using it from a friend (or myself). that will save me 100 bucks on my moms upcoming build too, so thanks thats great.
lol i know what you mean i haven't stopped spending money on stuff since i got started. very infectuous.

i know... sora and you, were trying to resist getting an antec 900 yesterday because it's so freaking cheap!!!

Wow. I COULDNT go over my budget. I paid for my PC with cash I'd saved from birthday money for like 3 years ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom