XFX 8600GT XXX worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not the watts that matter. How many amps does your current PSU have on the 12v rails? Open up the case and look on the side of the unit if you don't know. I would recommend at least 22 amps or so on the 12v rails. However I knew someone who ran his on a cheap 450w PSU with only 17 amps on the 12v.

Its not 22, its 16 :(

Thats even low for a 7600GT though you realize as well though...I would purchase the 7900GS for 105 bucks after rebate and then an Xclio Goodpower for 50 bucks....one of those can handle an 8800GTS. The Seasonic 550 you spoke of is very good but not needed with a system like that if you really want.

Thats even low for a 7600GT though you realize as well though...I would purchase the 7900GS for 105 bucks after rebate and then an Xclio Goodpower for 50 bucks....one of those can handle an 8800GTS. The Seasonic 550 you spoke of is very good but not needed with a system like that if you really want.

I have never heard of that brand before, and I have never installed a PSU. What your suggesting is a lot of work.

Xclio is a newer brand but they are made by the same OEM as Antec and I'm sure you have heard of them.

Installing a PSU is extremely simple....all you do us disconnect the most likely 6 or 7 connectors in your PSU and unscrew the 4 screws on the back of the case and put in the new one and screw it in and connect your stuff back up with the new supply...

Xclio is a newer brand but they are made by the same OEM as Antec and I'm sure you have heard of them.

Installing a PSU is extremely simple....all you do us disconnect the most likely 6 or 7 connectors in your PSU and unscrew the 4 screws on the back of the case and put in the new one and screw it in and connect your stuff back up with the new supply...

thats pretty much all thats to it, xclio are newer brands and dang good for the price :)

I have had, heard from neighbors bad experiences from Antec.

Actually I did the work for you. Here is a review Tweaktown did on this PSU. This was in their final conclusion

Tweaktown said:
After everything is said and done, the XClio shows itself to be a true performer. With a majority of modern systems, especially for those utilizing PCI-E graphics, 480 watts has become the absolute minimum recommended power supply rating. Most will recommend 500 watts or more for those setting up a power system. The XClio Goodpower unit tested today falls well within this guideline and the numbers give every indication that it will handle your power needs with ease.

Here is the link.

XClio "Goodpower" 500-watt PSU Review :: TweakTown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom