Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box2007

Beta member
I just got a eMachines T5088 and I was adding RAM to it, and changing some stuff, but when i got to the point where i had to instert the video card, there alraedy was an intergrated one into the mobo, and the PCI slot was empty, i put it in, it wouldent detect it, i tried uninstaling the drivers for the int card, and disabling it in BIOS nothing seemed to work...help please.

Thanks in advance

PCI, the case was a bit small, and when i put the card in it hits the case, so i had to like...jam it in.

firstly, y did u take out the vid card?

forget that. put the vid card back, unplug the computer, and reset the bios using the pins on the motherboard. (google for: resetting bios tutorial pins, or something like that). Then, if you can get into the bios settings (hold delete while its booting), try to disable the onboard video.

and a little more info would be nice. like... what kind of video card?

firstly, what are you talking about, never said i took a video card out...and i already tried what you typed, i said i tried disabling it in the BIOS, and u dont rlly need any more info its a PCI card, put into a PCI slot...

try going into bios with the integrated chip. if there is a setting to use pci for video then you can change that. and save settings. then turn computer off cause you will loose video.

then put in the pci card and boot up.

if it doesnt work you can always pull the bios battery after shutting down and it will clear the bios settings back to default again.

btw .. what are the settings to pick for video ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom