Hard-drive problem! Help needed ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Well, my friend and I built a new computer and I used my old hard drive and DVD/CD drive. The problem is that my sister wants her photos but, she didn't back it up into a data disk. The hard-drive works as a slave on my friend's computer, but some how I can't access my sister's files. It tells me that I can't access it because it has a lock to it. Can this lock still be on because my sister locked me away from her computer awhile back? I'm a newbie at this so please explain it to me clearly. I tend to mess up a lot. Well if you're wondering what I'm running up inside my tower, it's:

430W Antec Earthwatt Power Supply
PNY nVidia GeForce 7300GT
ECS MicroATX Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo - E6600 @ 2.4gHz
2GB from Crucial

Hopefully I get some reply soon, I really need help.

What do you mean the files that you downloaded? Did you format the drive and install windows already?

Alright, when I still had my VAIO, the files that can only be seen is the programs I downloaded on my VAIO. I'm trying to get a hold of my desktop documents but it's not working. I did not format the drive and install Windows because I need to get the files that's in my HD.

What files do you see in HD?
they should go along the lines of Documents and Settings, Programs Files, Windows, etc...

Yeah, it's like that. I see my sister's main file, but when I double-click it, it tells me that I'm unable to access the file because of a lock of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom