pc wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
my buddy just asked me to take a look at his pc, his mom was on it when it messed up and we dont know what happened but now it wont turn on at all. when i plug it up the psu makes a weird cricket noise, im pretty sure its a bad psu but not positive, is there any way i can test it?

take a paper clip and on the psu join the green and a black sockets to jump start the PSU without using the motherboard

this is called "The paper clip trick" use google to find out for info about it

If the paper clip trick works and the fans start spinning and the CD drives will open, ect, its the motherboard that's the problem.

If nothing works even when you do the paper clip trick, its probably the power supply.

ok did it, the fans started and everything, so i need to replace the mobo? or is there a way to try and fix it?

Does the MB make beeps? Motherboards should beep a bunch when there is something wrong with it. These beeps can be used to figure out what's wrong with it.

when i put the paper clip in? no beeps everything powers up but the mobo doesnt do anything

No, when the MB was hooked up to the Power Supply. Did it make these odd beeping noises?

I would say its probably a blown motherboard, but I'd also wait until other people comment. I've built all my computers, but all my PC knowledge is hands on- not too much technical info coming from me and there are much more technically minded people on here than me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom