Any problems with crucial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
Has anyone had any problems with Crucial? I saw these: Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
and was rather tempted to get them due to low price. I have 2gigs of corasair XMS Atm, but I have a Opteron 175 (dual core) so extra memory is always welcome, especially when its this cheap.

Anyways it seems lots of people are saying these fail after about 1/2 a year and crucial denies that they are having problems. With a $70 MIR and a lifetime warranty, I'm not exactly dripping sweat with this investment (as long as they honor it), but I figured play it safe and ask around. Has Crucial recently gone into swindling business moves or are these just a bad batch?

I bought them for my system. Several people on here recommend them.

Plus you have a lifetime warranty. Can't beat it

Has anyone had any problems with Crucial? I saw these: Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
and was rather tempted to get them due to low price. I have 2gigs of corasair XMS Atm, but I have a Opteron 175 (dual core) so extra memory is always welcome, especially when its this cheap.

Anyways it seems lots of people are saying these fail after about 1/2 a year and crucial denies that they are having problems. With a $70 MIR and a lifetime warranty, I'm not exactly dripping sweat with this investment (as long as they honor it), but I figured play it safe and ask around. Has Crucial recently gone into swindling business moves or are these just a bad batch?

For $30 more you could get 2gb instead of 1gb

Crucial makes very good ram and even if it fails after 6 months that lifetime warranty will back you up. They're very good about replacing sticks quickly.

i havent seen as much of the crucial but hey, give me better o/cing proof and cheaper price and im there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom