Decisions come July 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2x 160GB WD's in a raid 0 config, and i think its amazing...everything i install is fast, even loading up games adn stuff...oblivion/bf2142 runs like a dream, maps load extremely fast...and even my movies...i only have 1 regret that i bought 2x WD's instead of 2x Seagate 7200.10 since i heard they were better/faster

Is it hard to RAID them? You ever get any problems?

Case - Antec 900
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 16MB Cache
Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120

Notes:
-The Antec 900 link, is to frys.com, and is only $70!!!....that's about $70 cheaper than from newegg, disregarding the rebate.

-The Corsair 620HX is linked to zipzoomfly.com, because it's about $20 cheaper, and has a rebate, that will expire tomorrow...but still cheaper than newegg, without the rebate.

-The Tuniq is linked to svc.com, because it's cheaper than newegg's price.

-I didn't know what to pick for the sound card, because I'm not big on those.

Total should come to around, $700-800.

Whew.. That's looking exactly like my build except I am getting (x2) 320gb HDs, evga 8800gts 640mb and no soundcard. When it's all said and done my rig will have cost me $1401 and that's including a 21.6in samsung lcd. I am very happy with the setup and cannot wait till 22 July so I can grab my last parts and start building.

Whew.. That's looking exactly like my build except I am getting (x2) 320gb HDs, evga 8800gts 640mb and no soundcard. When it's all said and done my rig will have cost me $1401 and that's including a 21.6in samsung lcd. I am very happy with the setup and cannot wait till 22 July so I can grab my last parts and start building.

what is ur entire build???

Case - Antec 900
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 16MB Cache
Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120

Notes:
-The Antec 900 link, is to frys.com, and is only $70!!!....that's about $70 cheaper than from newegg, disregarding the rebate.

-The Corsair 620HX is linked to zipzoomfly.com, because it's about $20 cheaper, and has a rebate, that will expire tomorrow...but still cheaper than newegg, without the rebate.

-The Tuniq is linked to svc.com, because it's cheaper than newegg's price.

-I didn't know what to pick for the sound card, because I'm not big on those.

Total should come to around, $700-800.

Thanks for the info, I have a few questions,

-I'm more interested in a full tower case ( for space, cooling, and to ensure the 8800 GTX fits ), does everyone recommend the thermaltake armor for that? It looks a bit shoddy when I saw it at frys so I'm not sure

-for the mobo is there a more higher end model? I'm still debating wether or not to go SLI...I mean 2-3 years down the road is a 2nd 8800 gtx going to be worth it? ( assuming its costs drops low enough ) or just getting a completely new 9 series card? If it is worth it, then I'm better off going for the relatively cheap evga nforce 680i mobo.

-Is the Tuniq really the best cooling option? What about those artic thingies, also whats the best thermal paste? What about just a decent thermal paste? Any other options to keep my mobo cool?

Also how hard is it to RAID 0 2 seagate 7200.10 rpm drives?

Thanks for the info, I have a few questions,

-I'm more interested in a full tower case ( for space, cooling, and to ensure the 8800 GTX fits ), does everyone recommend the thermaltake armor for that? It looks a bit shoddy when I saw it at frys so I'm not sure

-Is the Tuniq really the best cooling option? What about those artic thingies, also whats the best thermal paste? What about just a decent thermal paste?

Also how hard is it to RAID 0 2 seagate 7200.10 rpm drives?

The Thermaltake Armor would be just fine. It's one of the most popular full tower cases, and it's a great case. I just put out that Antec 900 because of it's price. It can fit an 8800GTX....but again it's your choice. The Armor will do well.

The Tuniq is one of the best HSFs out there. It's recommended a lot, because it really cools. Another cheaper alternative, that I forgot to mention, is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. This would do fine, for the e6750, and much cheaper than the Tuniq. The thermal paste, that everybody would suggest is AS5. It's just an excellent paste for the money.

It isn't that hard to RAID 0. Just make sure you backup all your important files and information, because RAID 0 does have a downside to it. When and if a hard drive fails, you lose all the data between the two hard drives.

The Thermaltake Armor would be just fine. It's one of the most popular full tower cases, and it's a great case. I just put out that Antec 900 because of it's price. It can fit an 8800GTX....but again it's your choice. The Armor will do well.

The Tuniq is one of the best HSFs out there. It's recommended a lot, because it really cools. Another cheaper alternative, that I forgot to mention, is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. This would do fine, for the e6750, and much cheaper than the Tuniq. The thermal paste, that everybody would suggest is AS5. It's just an excellent paste for the money.

It isn't that hard to RAID 0. Just make sure you backup all your important files and information, because RAID 0 does have a downside to it. When and if a hard drive fails, you lose all the data between the two hard drives.

Thanks for the info, Ill take another look into the Antec but I think my room is already above normal temperatures ( for summer ) which is why I want a full tower case for more fans and space. Even with the NZXT Zero case the mobo was at 55 celcius if you remember ( my gfx card was at 74 idle unless I used Rivatuner to bring it down to 65 idle at 100% fan speed, which is why I RMA'ed the card ). The main obstacles I'm scared of is installing the HSF. I have next to no experience in terms of using thermal paste thought I will have hands on help from a friend who is experienced using it. I'm just wondering if theres any do-overs :p cause things could get messy.

So what do u think about the mobo situation?

Gabb said:
-for the mobo is there a more higher end model? I'm still debating wether or not to go SLI...I mean 2-3 years down the road is a 2nd 8800 gtx going to be worth it? ( assuming its costs drops low enough ) or just getting a completely new 9 series card? If it is worth it, then I'm better off going for the relatively cheap evga nforce 680i mobo.

2-3 years down the road, the 8800GTX won't be considered a high-end anymore. With the 9 series coming soon, getting another 8800GTX is not worth it. And in that amount of time, they're will be the 10 series(if that's what they're going to call it), since they seem to release a new series every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom