GPU Toss Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about when games like crysis come out?

Iam wondering b/c if I buy the 8800GTS 640, I will probably buy a monitor a month or two after I purchase it same goes for the 320

Will the 320 handle 1600x1050 on games like crysis?

At the earliest cyrisis will be out in september.

If your going to run Crysis above 1280 x1024 res with high details, you will need a 512mb video card or higher.

At the earliest cyrisis will be out in september.

If your going to run Crysis above 1280 x1024 res with high details, you will need a 512mb video card or higher.

Which probably will be the case

Ill have a 1600x1050 monitor by then...

EDIT:Keeping that in mind which card would you recommend for a 1600x1050 everything on high?
I will most likely upgrade in a year or two so which card would do me best when I decide to upgrade in a year or two?

disagree, just get a gts for now and upgrade to the new 9 series, which be doing some good fps on Crysis and other new dx 10.1 games coming out

GTX will play crysis fine and any other game that comes out within the next year, year and a half. Id see no reason to wait til november/december for the 9 series. If anything go SLi with the GTx's when the 9 series drive prices down.

disagree, just get a gts for now and upgrade to the new 9 series, which be doing some good fps on Crysis and other new dx 10.1 games coming out

Even if I upgrade in a year or two?

b/c i know for a fact the 9 series isnt going to be cheap
Ive heard between 800-900 and its coming around the end of this year to beginning of next year then add a year to that which will be when i could probably upgrade once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom