windows xp new look

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be talking aobut the KoL theme that he had done. Basically he hacked the UXTheme from Vista to work on Windowsblinds. Some of use still ahve that sitting around.

It was a good theme but there are some better ones out there. I know someone on 1 of the sites i visit has redone the Zune Theme to give the Start button a different color. I dont remember if i still have that one or not.

You must be talking aobut the KoL theme that he had done. Basically he hacked the UXTheme from Vista to work on Windowsblinds. Some of use still ahve that sitting around.

It was a good theme but there are some better ones out there. I know someone on 1 of the sites i visit has redone the Zune Theme to give the Start button a different color. I dont remember if i still have that one or not.

got any freebies u highly recommend??

I like using the Prototype theme with WindowBlinds, and the Stealth OS theme. I've got several of them, but I like a minimalistic look and darker/mid colors, mainly blacks and greys. The G-Pod v 2 theme is pretty cool as well.

I like using the Prototype theme with WindowBlinds, and the Stealth OS theme. I've got several of them, but I like a minimalistic look and darker/mid colors, mainly blacks and greys. The G-Pod v 2 theme is pretty cool as well.

i can't afford windows blinds!!!!

Neowin Forums -> Customizing Windows XP

Go there read the pinned topics about replacing the UXTheme and using their patcher. Then download their patcher. From there you can get any UXTheme or MSSytle you want and apply them. Mostly from Deviantart and joejoe.org. There are a few other sites around but nothing like the collection those 2 sites have.

Windowsblinds does have a free version of 5.51 out there. I dont know how good it is or if it is jsut a demo. But it is available for free. Also available for free if you know someone well wnough to give you thier pass. :p

Neowin Forums -> Customizing Windows XP

Go there read the pinned topics about replacing the UXTheme and using their patcher. Then download their patcher. From there you can get any UXTheme or MSSytle you want and apply them. Mostly from Deviantart and joejoe.org. There are a few other sites around but nothing like the collection those 2 sites have.

Windowsblinds does have a free version of 5.51 out there. I dont know how good it is or if it is jsut a demo. But it is available for free. Also available for free if you know someone well wnough to give you thier pass. :p

i already patched mine, first thing i do when i install XP :)

Does anyone else find that Windows Blinds causes system instability, I have used it 3 times and about a month after installation my PC goes down and I have to reinstall windows.

Maybe it's just me :S

I have run Windowsblinds since i installed XP. Everytime I reinstall as well. I have never had a issue with it.

Just a note here. I knwo that the cracked versions of windowsblinds can cause this issue. Not saying that yours is not legit. But i have heard of this problem with the illegit versions.

vernong1992

Have you looked at jeojoe.org? I know they have a bunch of visual styles there that can be used this way. Most of them are like Vista/Longhorn but they are good. It is worth a try.

Other than that i would say some of the transformation packs. But caution with those as they can be a brat to uninstall.

vernong1992

Have you looked at jeojoe.org? I know they have a bunch of visual styles there that can be used this way. Most of them are like Vista/Longhorn but they are good. It is worth a try.

Other than that i would say some of the transformation packs. But caution with those as they can be a brat to uninstall.

u mean joejoe.org? i haven't visited that site b4, lets try it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom