Newb here - Need some wisdom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell me right now what you are looking to spend and what for...you said school computer right? Just give me a budget

I'll lock my budget at $850 including S and H.

I need it for school mainly, Instant messaging and internet browsing, downloading movies and music, photoshop, music producing and film editing.

I'll lock my budget at $850 including S and H.

I need it for school mainly, Instant messaging and internet browsing, downloading movies and music, photoshop, music producing and film editing.

850$

hmm

i say this is the best u could get

evga 590
x2 3600+ brisbane
8800gts 320mb
320gb HD
some dvd-r drive 20$
coolermaster centurion 5
xclio greatpower 550watt
arctic freezer pro 64

i think that pushes u to to be like 750-800$ shipped... spend the xtra 50$ on yourself :)

850$

hmm

i say this is the best u could get

evga 590
x2 3600+ brisbane
8800gts 320mb
320gb HD
some dvd-r drive 20$
coolermaster centurion 5
xclio greatpower 550watt
arctic freezer pro 64

i think that pushes u to to be like 750-800$ shipped... spend the xtra 50$ on yourself :)

Yes that is a good build but dont go with the GTS as your not a gamer and make sure the HDD is a Samsung there the best.

Yes that is a good build but dont go with the GTS as your not a gamer and make sure the HDD is a Samsung there the best.

oh hes not a gamer? oh then get a x1950xt, but i disagree on the HD's

i'd rather get this:

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

over this, its cheaper (call me cheap :) ) and has perpendicular recording:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD321KJ 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

For these uses, I would reccomend an ATi X1650PRO- it's not too expensive, but it will cater for light gaming, if you 'get into' it. I would also reccomend a nice soundcard for the music producing. Also if the film editing will be 'heavy' then i would reccomend getting 4 GIGZ of RAM.

GFX:
Newegg.com - ATI 100-437808 Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

SOUND KARD:
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

(i am not sure about the soundcarde though i dont have much knowledge on those)

Oh@vernon g: the spinpoint is faster and quieter than the barracuda and also i am sue that it uses perpendicular recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom