best

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDuskXx

In Runtime
whats the best socket 775 mobo that supports ddr2 and ddr3? i wanna be able to upgrade the memory and the processor later on, and i probably wont be able to buy a new mobo after this one for a long time...

whats the best socket 775 mobo that supports ddr2 and ddr3? i wanna be able to upgrade the memory and the processor later on, and i probably wont be able to buy a new mobo after this one for a long time...

currently ddr3 mobos are not worth it, just get a p35-ds3r, and upgrade when better ddr3 boards and ram are out

u might also experience some glitches because of both ram being supported

some benchmarks show that DDR3 is slower than DDR2, strange eh? just like when DDR2 first came out, it was terribly slower than DDR.

some benchmarks show that DDR3 is slower than DDR2, strange eh? just like when DDR2 first came out, it was terribly slower than DDR.

...because DDR3 has higher and looser timings than DDR2, same goes for DDR2 over DDR. Over time, they will tighten up, and they will be worth looking into.

...because DDR3 has higher and looser timings than DDR2, same goes for DDR2 over DDR. Over time, they will tighten up, and they will be worth looking into.

yep eventually, ddr3 ram will become cheaper than ddr2 :) that will be weird :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom