celeron 2.0 vs. celeron 2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
you must have one hell of a cooling system to be ocd to 3.0
Sum times i have to put it back down depend's on how hot of day it is, usally i have a temp around 45c idle and 56c or so on load,All i have is a Vantec aeroflow with the tmd fan and 2 high flow 80mm fans, i dont Play game's 4 that long with it OC'd.:D

i may play around with oc'ing again with the 2.0. crap i thought i was getting something good when i bought the 2.0 for $84 8 months ago. *shrugs* I havn't had any probs playing games though. I play painkiller and colin mcrae rally 04.

BEFORE YOU BUY READ THIS!!!
overclock your 2.0celly to 2.7 and that will be exactly what the performance differ will be since they both have same FSB (400) and same cache (128k) i have a 2.0 celly and over clocked it to a 2.8 beforce and i couldnt see a difference visually. so OC that baby to 2.8. BY THE WAY celerons run cold and dont need a great cooling system you could easily get it up to 2.8 w/ out probs.

DO NOT get a celeron. Back in 2001, my parents got me a 1 Ghz celeron. at the time we had a P2 350 mhz. finally this year the P2's PSU died taking the computer along with it.( well the hard drive) the P2 350 mhz loaded IE pages faster than my 1 Ghz celeron. the celeron had more than twice as much mhz speed atvantage. an yet, the P2 still beat it. If you don't have the money, wait a little while, or buy a lower end P4 like a 2.4, or go AMD, but stay away from celerons, they suck. from what most everyone has told you, celerons suck. and to further convince you:

Celeron has 128 kb of L2 cache.
amd athlon xp(barton core) has 512kb of L2 cache.
celeron 2.6 Ghz is $79 at newegg
amd athlon xp 2500+ $80 at newegg
for ONE $ more you can have 5 times the amount of L2 cache, and a huge jump in performance.
the cheapest intel is $113, it is a 2.2 Ghz with 512kb of L2 cache
go here if you wan't to stay with intel http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1
so long as a celeron has 128kb of L2 cache, no amount of Ghz increase will make it perform better than even a P4 with a lower clock speed. Again, a P2 beat my 1 ghz celeron, that says alot about celerons lol

I just want to support what everybody else is saying. Don't get a Celeron, unless you use your computer for nothing else besides surfing the web and checking e-mail. You mentioned gaming, and Celerons are the worst processors for gaming out there. Go with a P4 if you want to stay with Intel.

i have an asus (see sig)

Edit: screw it, i'm not going to waste the money on another celeron, i'll save my money for a p4. right now, i found a program called clock gen and have the 2.0 celeron up to 2.4 so far w/only a 2c increase of temp.
overclock_pic.jpg

my 3dmark score went up from 5900 to 6600 after this overclock now....not bad for what I have (or don't have):
3dmarksescorehigh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom