Here's what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
Upgraded my ram, threw in another cd drive, and changed the heatsink/ fan over the cpu.

Here's what I got successfully done; the ram and the drive.

My question is, why is there two extra cd drive selections appearing on My Computer? Does it have something to do with the jumper? I had set it to slave, but some other person mentioned to put it on cable select.

Here's what I failed at; the heatsink/ fan.

After installing the other heatsink/ fan from another computer which seemed to have had a better type, I don't know if Asus good or anything but the durable look of it and larger fan attracted me to it and put itself over my standard no-brand item, I came to the conclusion the heatsink was not touching the processor at all. I don't know if they did that on purpose, to add an extension on where the screws are placed on the mobo.

Anyways, even so, I tried to turn on my computer. It ends up overheating. Is that normal? To readily overheat a second after I push the power button? I reinstalled the other fan and now the computer's working but what was that? It can overheat that quickly?

I'm not really a techie but what I do know is that the heatsink MUST touch the processor to transfer heat. You need to check if that heatsink is compatible to the socket (intel 478, LGA 775, AMD sockets... depends on your motherboard).

Yeah, well I figured that much out. I just wanted to see what happens.

Anyone have a solution for the multiple cd drive issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom