am2 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

suske

Baseband Member
well i'm starting to pull together a am2 dual core build. i already have a antec 900, cooler master 500 ps, just picked up a asus m2r32-mvp mobo and suddenly realized my zalman cnps9500led won't fit am2. lol. any suggestions on a good am2 cooler? noticed newegg or tigerdirect don't really carry many.

thanks for any help.

The Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64, is a pretty good bang for your buck cooler.

um...it doesn't show it fitting am2..everything else, but no am2. or is there a special model for am2? didn't really see one. people have touted the pro 64 before and it looks ok but any others anyone has had experience with? you know just for comparison.

ah ok thanks rx. i might get one as i have found out zalman now makes a cnps9500 to fit am2 socket....yeah....it's the exact same cooler they just put a
bracket in the package to fit am2. and they won't sell me one to use on my
cooler.:( needless to say i now have a 2 month old $60 cooler i cannot use.
since that is how zalman does business i won't spend money with them again! anyway that 64 pro is cheap enough.

are you sure you cant find it on ebay or something? it seems like i have seen it for sale somewhere.
just a little rocker bracket with a clip that fits onto the hsf clips on an am2 mobo, slides thru the heatpipes and fastens over the little raised circle in the middle of the heatsink. i have one, i know exactly what you are talking about.
you could get (ahem) "creative" with an rma from newegg. you know, the new ones have the bracket.*cough cough*

are you sure you cant find it on ebay or something? it seems like i have seen it for sale somewhere.
just a little rocker bracket with a clip that fits onto the hsf clips on an am2 mobo, slides thru the heatpipes and fastens over the little raised circle in the middle of the heatsink. i have one, i know exactly what you are talking about.
you could get (ahem) "creative" with an rma from newegg. you know, the new ones have the bracket.*cough cough*

how could i rma something i didn't buy from newegg? don't have the serial number on it i don't think.(but if you have any ideas pm me):D well i have a
bracket from a generic 939 cooler (same as am2) a mig welder and a die grinder
i guess i could try to cobble something together. actually i love the cooler keeps
my overclocked 2.2 single core at 27c.

he means buy one and rma it w/o the bracket I think...newegg would take it back without the bracket.

ah! ok i get ya. actually i found a whole refurb 9500 on ebay cheap. also the arctic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom