windows xp new look

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_bo

Daemon Poster
im running windows xp and i have always wondered if there is anyway i could create my own start menu (like change the colours and that) persides the default 1 microsoft provides. Does any1 know or know any websites

windows blind isnt free is it? also i heard most of the transformation type programmes can be abit of a resource hog?

There may or may not be a possibility that there could or could not be perhaps there are other ways to acquire Windows Blinds, if you know what I mean ;).

They can be a resource hog, but other than Royale Noir or whatever it was called I doubt you will find a customizer as versatile as that that is resource-efficient.

WindowBlinds uses no resources after startup, so I recommend it. I also use it. Hundreds, if not thousands, of different themes out there for WB.

As Trotter said WB doesnt use resources. There are 2 themes other than that out there. The Royale theme and the Zune theme.

Download Royale Theme for WinXP - official - Royale Theme - A new theme, potentially destined for Windows XP. Freeware - Softpedia

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=r...bFdo44LepDfk477Mw&sig2=GFKCOuN1xeFiZtDHOAsC2A

Other than that you cant jsut edit the Start Menu easily. You have to use a REsource Hacker and hack the UXTheme.dll and change things that way. The Start Menu is created as part of this and cant not just be changed easily.

i already have the roysle theme but i will check windows blinds out, thanks 4 the replies

the zune theme is also nice, but try checking out deviantart.com there are lots of startmenus/ themes there

Those are done by replacing the UXTheme.dll with the Neowin patch. ;)

i like the Zune theme, i just don't like the start menu button color, another theme i like is called VistaXP, but Microsoft took it down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom