Got the DS3R today and heres a very quick review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say you should be able to get 3.4 fairly easy, but it really depends on you cpu. I think i was lucky and got one that oc's well. At the moment ive got it at 3.3Ghz, 366fsb, 9x, and stock vcore, simply cuz i am still using stock cooling.

You will have to find out what best suits you situation when you get the stuff. Everything comes into play, for example; i had 2GB of G.Skill ram which overclocked to almost 1100, but when i put another 2Gb in from a different batch i had to lower it because they obviously didnt overclock as well.

So it really depends how luck you are, but from my experience the q6600 on a P35-DS3R is a great combo.

Why would you have your ram at 1100 when your FSB is only at 366? The performance gain is basically non existent when the ram is clocked past 1:1 with your divider. I'd put those bad boys at 1:1 and tighten the **** out of those timings.

cant u just change the fsb to 1333 for the new processors and it'll be able to run penryn successfully? tats what it says in my mobo manual (set 1333 for newer core 2 processors)

whoa wtf man sora? gotta talk to you on aim because that's so ridiculous that my E6320 can't go over 375 FSB and also i set my vcore to 1.48V which i had to or else it won't boot up and just goes back to 266 FSB

I am 6 hours orthos stable @ 515 FSB with my E6300...that is 3.6ghz

That is just insane

thats freaking amazing sora.... 3.6 ghz, nice freaking overclock... about 52% overclock if my brain calculated correctly... what cooling do u use, i wonder what my future e6750 will lug out :)

Um well I have an E6300 with is 1.86 stock so it's more around 94% overclock from stock....fricking amazing. I've booted into windows at 529 FSB

Um well I have an E6300 with is 1.86 stock so it's more around 94% overclock from stock....fricking amazing. I've booted into windows at 529 FSB

thats right... i always thought the the e6300's clcok speed was higher, my bad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom