First time build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the list, it really is nice but I've got a question on the Q6600. It seems everyone wants to get one of those now. Would I really need one? I hear that quad cores aren't even being utilized by games now or in the near future. Only bad thing about that is that I want to get a new monitor for no more than 200 dollars if I can help it that is at least 19 inches. I'm sure I can find a cheap Keyboard so that won't really matter and as for a mouse, the one I have listed I hear good things about. I can go with a cheaper mouse for awhile I guess.

Oh, I forgot to mention you have to wait for the price drop on July 22nd for the q6600 ...

...I thought you didnt want DX10 cards... lol jk

Yeah, I'm waiting for the drop. And about the DX10 cards... I did actually want one until recently when I friend told me that I really wouldn't need one for awhile. If I can fit one in my budget, sure, why not?

The tuniq is really good is it? I've heard alot of good things about it, the only thing I'm afraid of is it bending my motherboard. Thanks for those monitors btw, I can't believe I didn't see them before.

The tuniq is really good is it? I've heard alot of good things about it, the only thing I'm afraid of is it bending my motherboard. Thanks for those monitors btw, I can't believe I didn't see them before.

No problem

Yea the tuniq is one of the best coolers out there

Dont worry too much about it vending your motherboard unless your going to be moving your pc alot (going to lan parties for example)

Ah, nope. It'll be pretty immobile. And since I may use a DX10 card, I may even get Vista Home Premium. I've heard alot of horror stories about it and decided not to get it. However, that was months ago and I hear the problems are being ironed out. Plus, SP1 is coming up soon. I don't think my machine would have any trouble running Vista. I did recently hear of problems with some games. For example, not being able to get out of buildings (or the ship you start on) in Vista. So I ask, is it really worth it, or should I stick with XP?

Ah, nope. It'll be pretty immobile. And since I may use a DX10 card, I may even get Vista Home Premium. I've heard alot of horror stories about it and decided not to get it. However, that was months ago and I hear the problems are being ironed out. Plus, SP1 is coming up soon. I don't think my machine would have any trouble running Vista. I did recently hear of problems with some games. For example, not being able to get out of buildings (or the ship you start on) in Vista. So I ask, is it really worth it, or should I stick with XP?

I would say to stick with XP UNLESS you have to buy a brand new OS,which, in that case Id say go Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom