Decisions come July 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice list going...

Unless I misread, how are you going to buy all of this with a $1300 budget?

Sorry for being unclear, what I ment is that I have $2000 budget ( give or take 100 or so ) for my total system. I returned my cpu from cyberpower ( explained in one of the posts why, more little reasons then 1 big reason ) and therefore all I have now are the parts I got from newegg ( the 8800 gtx, Gskill ram, and G11 keyboard ). Which means I have $1300 left ( the newegg parts cost $700 ) to spend on my system for the mobo, case, cooling options, HD, Soundcard, PSU, etc...think thats enough money to have a high end system.

Sorry for being unclear, what I ment is that I have $2000 budget ( give or take 100 or so ) for my total system. I returned my cpu from cyberpower ( explained in one of the posts why, more little reasons then 1 big reason ) and therefore all I have now are the parts I got from newegg ( the 8800 gtx, Gskill ram, and G11 keyboard ). Which means I have $1300 left ( the newegg parts cost $700 ) to spend on my system for the mobo, case, cooling options, HD, Soundcard, PSU, etc...think thats enough money to have a high end system.

Oh... In that case you can get all the thing you mentioned for under 1600 I beleive

Ive thought about it, but I don't know when these true "quad-cores" come out, and I think getting a q6600 would really help out in the performance in games coming out this year that make use of the multicore processors.

end of this year, for the phenoms penryn's beginning of next year?

i have 2x 160GB WD's in a raid 0 config, and i think its amazing...everything i install is fast, even loading up games adn stuff...oblivion/bf2142 runs like a dream, maps load extremely fast...and even my movies...i only have 1 regret that i bought 2x WD's instead of 2x Seagate 7200.10 since i heard they were better/faster

No, I meant if he hadn't bought anything and he was building he would be able to buy all that for around $1600.

ya i know but he still has 1300$ to spend.... but ur build is gonna so some serious damage..... but u really shouldn't have pushed $2000 for a system, i say $1400 is more than enough for a good system that lasts a while

ya i know but he still has 1300$ to spend.... but ur build is gonna so some serious damage..... but u really shouldn't have pushed $2000 for a system, i say $1400 is more than enough for a good system that lasts a while

Agreed. Especially the way technology is advancing in leaps and bounds. The system that cost $2000 today in 6 mths can be purchased for $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom