Defective Parts from Newegg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
My first build. I'm going to be ordering all the parts for my computer when the price drop occurs. When I get my parts, how do I know if they are defective or not?

I don't have a system to test ANY of these devices. I only have this laptop. If the computer doesn't boot when I have assembled it, I'm will be paranoid that it's a defective part or something. I'm afraid, if I do have a defective device, that I won't find out about it until it is too late and Newegg or w/e won't give me the chance to return the item.

My first build. I'm going to be ordering all the parts for my computer when the price drop occurs. When I get my parts, how do I know if they are defective or not?

I don't have a system to test ANY of these devices. I only have this laptop. If the computer doesn't boot when I have assembled it, I'm will be paranoid that it's a defective part or something. I'm afraid, if I do have a defective device, that I won't find out about it until it is too late and Newegg or w/e won't give me the chance to return the item.

First off you can get a full refund on parts with 30 days and a replacement within a year on any of them so don't worry about that.

There really are only 5 core pieces of a computer and after a bit of trial and error if you happen to have had a bad part you will figure it out. it happens some times but usually it's ok...I wouldn't worry

Don't worry about it. The chances of getting defective parts are low. If you need help, come here and we'll get right to it.

the motherboard is the hardest to detect as if the motherboard is defective then it wont post or anything and also the power supply because it might not even give power at all to the components and you can't test which is defective or not... but does newegg test the parts before they ship them to you?

Newegg themselves do not test the parts, only factory's test them and seal them. They test the Open Boxes they sell (returns)

However you can always rma a part if you suspect its broken for free

Hey Im planning to build a new 2000 dollar system come July 22nd as well, Im worried about ordering all from Newegg as well, as you have to remember Newegg doesn't cover the shipping costs of an RMA and so you will still be losing some money and time if it is DOA :( I hope to maybe get some parts from Frys

Hey Im planning to build a new 2000 dollar system come July 22nd as well, Im worried about ordering all from Newegg as well, as you have to remember Newegg doesn't cover the shipping costs of an RMA and so you will still be losing some money and time if it is DOA :( I hope to maybe get some parts from Frys

They cover the shipping costs when you return it however they don't refund your money from the first time you ordered. Instead if it was defective they just ship you a replacement for free. However if you get your money refunded you loose the initial shipping costs you payed for. So t's fine if you are just getting a replacement because it was defective, you don't loose anything.

They cover the shipping costs when you return it however they don't refund your money from the first time you ordered. Instead if it was defective they just ship you a replacement for free. However if you get your money refunded you loose the initial shipping costs you payed for. So t's fine if you are just getting a replacement because it was defective, you don't loose anything.

Oh well...I stand corrected...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom