Need Upgrade Advice & VIRUS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dykzeulb

In Runtime
I have a Dell E510 I just bought from dell, has (directly how it is labled under system)

System:
Microsoft XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Registered to:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Computer:
Intel(R)
Pentium 4 cpu 3.00GHz
2.99 GHZ, 760 MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Along with 2 100 Gb hardrives one for media and one for programs..

I am needing to upgrade the memory, what kind can I get that is compatible, aand since I am upgrading to Vista...what is the amount I should buy, and how many sticks?

I also would like a video card that I can get programs off the tv, or plug the RCAS into my computer from my video camera, and the hardrives have a much smaller plug in than the older ones...what is the name and what do I look for when buying one? Also would like to be able to pick up wireless interent without a router, is the a card that I can use to grab the internet with or do I need to get a router? Can I keep the mother board and upgrade the proccessor or is mine a decent one? (needing to run VISTA and Battlefield)

My virus protection is Nortan Toolbar for Yahoo! thats all I have and have ever had, however for some reason I am havign these same 15 viruses come back everytime, guessing they are embedded some where, this just happened yesterday...I also get a pop up when I boot up...
[OK] l
________________________________________l

That is what the pop up says, I tried to make it look just like what I get, I think I did a good job on it...lol.

I know these are some newbish questions, but I am just wanting something to play around with and build up...Thanks for all the help guys! It is Much appreciated!
!o o!
\~/ Brett~~

I have a Dell E510 I just bought from dell, has (directly how it is labled under system)

System:
Microsoft XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Registered to:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Computer:
Intel(R)
Pentium 4 cpu 3.00GHz
2.99 GHZ, 760 MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Along with 2 100 Gb hardrives one for media and one for programs..

I am needing to upgrade the memory, what kind can I get that is compatible, aand since I am upgrading to Vista...what is the amount I should buy, and how many sticks?

I also would like a video card that I can get programs off the tv, or plug the RCAS into my computer from my video camera, and the hardrives have a much smaller plug in than the older ones...what is the name and what do I look for when buying one? Also would like to be able to pick up wireless interent without a router, is the a card that I can use to grab the internet with or do I need to get a router? Can I keep the mother board and upgrade the proccessor or is mine a decent one? (needing to run VISTA and Battlefield)

My virus protection is Nortan Toolbar for Yahoo! thats all I have and have ever had, however for some reason I am havign these same 15 viruses come back everytime, guessing they are embedded some where, this just happened yesterday...I also get a pop up when I boot up...
[OK] l
________________________________________l

That is what the pop up says, I tried to make it look just like what I get, I think I did a good job on it...lol.

I know these are some newbish questions, but I am just wanting something to play around with and build up...Thanks for all the help guys! It is Much appreciated!
!o o!
\~/ Brett~~

i can't tell u that... run a program called CPU-Z, because sometimes those high clocked P4's are sometimes LGA478 or LGA775, but if u want vista, u need atleast 1gb RAM for good performance, otherwise for gaming u need 2 gb, but i highly recommend a new system if you want Vista to run well and game with good games....

I thank you greatly for the advice and the help, I am not looking so much for the gaming as I am vista, I mainly want a windows running machine to pump out some media, audio, video, and imaging...

I am going to try the .dll file thing...we'll see how it pans out...

I dont know what integrated graphics is...? (NOOB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom