Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! Alright I'm all set then. Just 20 more days and this system is mine :D

btw get this evga 8800gts 320mb instead, it has a mir that drops the price to $260.... plus u don't have to pay to get an overclocked card when u can manually download atitool and overclock it to the more expensive card's speeds

vernong: I don't see a link in your post but I assume you mean this one:

Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Sure, I'll get that one instead. Overclocking it will be really easy, right?

Vaanish: I'll consider that Samsung dvd drive - the LG was really just an arbitrary decision. I went with the acer to keep the price down - plus acer makes pretty good monitors from what I've seen. I do like Samsung's screens - but I assume there's no comparable Samsung in the same price range as the acer. If you do know a good one in the same price range and with similar specs definitely let me know.

vernong: I don't see a link in your post but I assume you mean this one:

Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Sure, I'll get that one instead. Overclocking it will be really easy, right?

Vaanish: I'll consider that Samsung dvd drive - the LG was really just an arbitrary decision. I went with the acer to keep the price down - plus acer makes pretty good monitors from what I've seen. I do like Samsung's screens - but I assume there's no comparable Samsung in the same price range as the acer. If you do know a good one in the same price range and with similar specs definitely let me know.

sry i thought i hit ctrl V, odd.... it didnt show up... ya thats it..... GPU oc'ing is way easier than a CPU

I just looked at the "Supported Memory List" (http://www.gigabyte.us/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-p35-ds3r.pdf) on Gigabyte's website for the GA-P35-DSR, and the G-Skill Ram (Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail) I was planning to purchase is not listed there. Would this pose a problem, and should I consider going with one of the brands that they have listed?

Any of the DDR2-800 line from G. Skill would have no problem with the P35-DS3R. There are already people, using them both together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom