Usb ON and OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Baseband Member
About two days ago i bought a Zune Mp3 player.
Plugged it in and installed on my pc, then it asked to plug in the player and thats when the problems started. The usb port for some reason turns the power on and off, but just with that device. 'windows usb plugged in sound' *2 seconds* 'windows usb unplugged sound', and it just cycles like that forever.

Google search just brought me to a couple forums with the same issue with no replies.

Any help?

If its any encouragment, im going to be on a 8 hours flight come sunday, so having this fixed by then would be great.

Edit: I did manage to get it to work on a laptop, however, ive got no way to transfer the music from on pc to the laptop to the zune.

EDIT 2: I experianced the same problem with a usb mouse a week or two ago. Switched mice, problem went away.

Thanks,
Dan.

PROBLEM FIXED WITH CMOS RESET

return it, i had my samsumg mp3 player do the same thing but i had no warranty so i had to do some wiring with it inside because some wires got unsoldered from the board

Its not the player. Ive gotten it to work on another PC, with NO problems.

weird... i also have a zune, never had that problem before tho, i imagine that maybe the usb controller that you are using does not have enough power. are you using a rear port, front port, or a port on a hub? i beleive it needs like 250-450ma of dv 5v.

what version is your zune? (go to ...hold got to get mine...ok, turn it on, go to settings, about, then zune. for instance mine says Version 1.3 (482), Hardware 2.0)

Using a rear port. Though, it might be a power problem, considering when i attempted to plug it into my hub, the hub near shat a brick.

I upgraded firmware on the laptop to 1.4 [which you should probably do too].

Windows detects that zune is there, it pops up in the device manager, and then disappears. It even opens up the zune program, just by the time it opens, the zune disconnects itself again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom