$1000 to spend on a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why did you choose the P6N SLI Plat an the XFX 8800gts? Not doubting your judgement just curious why you picked them.

Interesting choice on the lcd monitor. Haven't heard much about LG but word on the street is they seem to be decent. I think you'll be happy.

after reading and some quick searching, they seems to be the best deals to me. and later on i'll prob run it in SLI.

i'm taking in all input and advise still.

to me those are the 3 most important parts of the PC. so i want to make sure they are right for me before i buy them.

Oh they are all great parts.

Definately than get the P6N Plat if you are going to use SLI. If not than there are always other options.

As for the 8800gts just get the stock 500mhz one. You can OC the card yourself to make up the price difference between stock and factory OC'd.

Let us know how that monitor does. Seems like it might be a good alternative to others.

i wasnt really sure which video card to get. so the 500mhz will do just fine?

the XFX has a $30 Mail-In Rebate on it, so its about the same price as the EVGA

when the time comes i'll see what the prices are like and decide from there

and for the monitor. I was told by a couple of sources that LG has the latest technology before anyone does. And I swung by BestBuy to check them out, I really liked the LG over the ASUS, Samsung, and the others they had. So thats why i picked it.

Yes you do not have to get a factory OC'd card. You can OC the card yourself well past the factory settings and save the extra money and use it for anything else.

Most people recommend the samsung or hanns-g. I am actually trying to decide between these 3 monitors:

Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

SAMSUNG 206BW Black 20" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 800:1 (DCR 3000:1) - Retail

SAMSUNG 216BW Black-Silver 21.6" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 3000:1(1000:1) - Retail

Tough choice :(

I may end up biting the bullet and grabbing a 19in to save some cash.

The Samsung 216BW, is in the middle with the price and specs. I'd pick that out of the three....and 5ms and 2ms are hardly noticeable and different.

That's what I was leaning towards. I am gettin the EVGA 8800GTS 640mb card how will that card handle the resolutions of the 216BW?

It will handle it just fine. Better than how a 320mb would handle that resolution....but a 320mb can handle 1680 x 1050 too.

This is where I start second guessing myself. 90% of the time I will be playing games in 1440x900. So when I realistically look at things I can get by very nicely with an 8800gts 320mb and a 19in lcd and be happy for a year or 2 :)

This is where I start second guessing myself. 90% of the time I will be playing games in 1440x900. So when I realistically look at things I can get by very nicely with an 8800gts 320mb and a 19in lcd and be happy for a year or 2 :)

i say keep the 320mb until u go over 1280 x 1024 resolution, so 640mb is perfectly suitable.... i like that samsung, looks quite my LCD except urs is bigger and mines a Norcent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom