Laptop for college

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say medium... or lower medium, but i will struggle, because im thinking about getting the 1680*1050 screen instead...

seriously for that price its a DREAM laptop!!

I cant wait to buy that! I heard Dell Laptops were pretty stable i dont know if thats true or not though.

I mean i paid like 1500 for my computer set up about 6 months ago...and that laptop is almost as good as it and its cheaper...i think ill just sell this system and get that laptop lol

seriously for that price its a DREAM laptop!!

I cant wait to buy that! I heard Dell Laptops were pretty stable i dont know if thats true or not though.

I mean i paid like 1500 for my computer set up about 6 months ago...and that laptop is almost as good as it and its cheaper...i think ill just sell this system and get that laptop lol

Yes, Dell makes really good quality laptops. Don't be afraid to go dell when it comes to laptops; they make some of the best for the money.

i know its **** good, im so glad i found it, it will kick the *** out of my aging desktop lol. i have yet to see a better deal, its just **** impossible, im going to splurge and spend a little more. I'm going to get the 2.2Ghz processor instead(still 4mb cache and it prolly wont make a difference, but who cares!), a better screen(but im afraid the 1680 screen might be dimmer, it says 200nits and the 1440 screen says 250 nits!, so if the screen is brighter id rather have the lower res one and get some more fps in games, but i really want that screen space for some serious coding0multi-taskin lol), a logitech mouse, and the 9-cell, and its $1,432 now. Its **** good anyway.

i know its **** good, im so glad i found it, it will kick the *** out of my aging desktop lol. i have yet to see a better deal, its just **** impossible, im going to splurge and spend a little more. I'm going to get the 2.2Ghz processor instead(still 4mb cache and it prolly wont make a difference, but who cares!), a better screen(but im afraid the 1680 screen might be dimmer, it says 200nits and the 1440 screen says 250 nits!, so if the screen is brighter id rather have the lower res one and get some more fps in games, but i really want that screen space for some serious coding0multi-taskin lol), a logitech mouse, and the 9-cell, and its $1,432 now. Its **** good anyway.

Man, since when is a 1440 res a low res when it comes to a laptop or am I just in a fantasy land? You'll be fine with that, and you probably won't notice much of a difference at all if you upgrade to a 2.2Ghz. If you are weary on that choice, go with the 2.0.

ye but the 1680 might be nice, super screen space. My eyes can handle it, i just think it might ruin my fps on games because of native resolutions.

i run at 1680x1050 but its on a 22" widescreen so...idk i think that on a 15.4" it would be to high for such a small screen...1440x900 is fine for me =P

but business people get those high res screen. Because i run at 1280*1024 on my silly 17" lcd, i will get less VERTICAL space on the 1440*900 for coding and stuff!! lol

Just to let everyone know. Dell uses DDR2 RAM on their 8600 GTs and not DDR3 like Asus and others. Just a warning. My resource for that info was notebookreview.com discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom