Microsoft Extends Xbox 360 Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Responding to criticism over increased hardware failure rates, Microsoft says they are now extending the warranty of the Xbox 360 to three years. Microsoft recently added better GPU cooling to the newer 360s to help with overheating problems. The new three year warranty should make even the harshest of critics happy.

"We don't think we've been getting the job done," said Robbie Bach, president of the division. "In the past few months, we have been having to make Xbox 360 console repairs at a rate too high for our liking."

[H] Enthusiast --- www.hardocp.com=

i haven't had a problem with any of mine but this is good news none the less

at least they are owning up to their mistakes

I find this news kinda dumb, why keep raising your warranty? It's like they know the 360's are gonna break down. They should work on fixing the problem insead of making you ship it to them every 3 weeks or so

they dont need to upgrade the processor they just need to fix whatever problem its having, which they are so i dont see how this is a bad thing they are fixing the problems and extending warranties

I find this news kinda dumb, why keep raising your warranty? It's like they know the 360's are gonna break down. They should work on fixing the problem insead of making you ship it to them every 3 weeks or so

How is this dumb? They already put out the crappy 360's; this way they are making up for that while working on solutions to the problem. I commend Microsoft for doing this, they really do seem to be trying to satisfy the customer with the 360.

but this doesn't fix the problem faulty 360's are still coming from the factories. Either they don't know where the problems lie or... It is an inherent fault which means they had to risk some consoles braking down just so they could ship em. They problaly Oc'd the GPU or CPU inside of it too much

but this doesn't fix the problem faulty 360's are still coming from the factories. Either they don't know where the problems lie or... It is an inherent fault which means they had to risk some consoles braking down just so they could ship em. They problaly Oc'd the GPU or CPU inside of it too much

I do agree that it's not the ideal situation, but they have to do something for the people currently owning them. And imprrovements to the system are already being seen (i.e. better cooling). Once the die shrink gets worked in the system should be pretty solid.

I still see no reason why you should criticize an extension of a warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom