HP a6013w Desktop PC w/ Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor 820

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimNNail

Beta member
I am new to Windows Vista. I am getting the HP a6013w Desktop PC w/ Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor 820. I would like to upgrade it to a good game machine for games that will soon be out in the USA. For starters I would like to put in a better video card and maybe more RAM. Can somebody point out the best way to upgrade this pc and what parts I will need to do this? This is a link to the pc I want to upgrade. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5707023 .

Attachments

• 0088278098502_500X500.jpg
    0088278098502_500X500.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 379
Hey JimNNail,
Welcome to T.F.!!

Did you already get this computer? If not, good...because for the money, we can suggest a better build, than that HP.

OK...how much are you paying for this?...because that link you showed doesn't work. Trust me, for the amount of money, you're paying for that, we can suggest a better build. Walmart is the not the place to be buying computers.

For less than that, I can suggest a build thats way better than that, if you're interested.

Here you go:

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5 or Cooler Master Centurion 534 or Your choice...
Motherboard - Biostar TForce TF7025
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane
RAM - 1GB G. Skil NR or 2 x 1GB G. Skill NQs(If you can afford the extra gig)
Graphics - EVGA 7600GT
Power supply - FSP Group (Fortron Source) 400W
Hard drive - Western Digital 160GB 8mb cache
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional aftermarket HSF - Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64

Total comes to $453.43 w/o shipping. About $480 with the optional aftermarket HSF.

Notes:
-If you want the optional aftermarket HSF, you can get the OEM version of the X2 3600+, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom