Laptop Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Iam relatively new to laptops, a friend has given me one or two, both with vista. I wouldn't mind reformatting them completely, but i find the problem that, if I do reinstall the operating system, aern't there laptop specific drives that must go with it in order for the laptop to function? also, the 'newest' laptop is giving me administration issues(i've already talked about this in another thread given the issue is windows related), I have a brand new compaq that i've yet to boot or anything. Is there a way I can wipe the current hard drive out of my used laptop with the new hard drive and start over?

Before formatting go to the manufacturer's website and download all of the drivers and burn them to a disc so you will have any that you need that aren't installed after formatting and putting the OS back on it. As far as using your new hard drive to to wipe the current drive, I am not exactly sure what you're asking. If you are asking if you can install the new one and then install the new OS, then the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom