owners of samsung screens help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
hi guys, im off to pc world later to buy a samsung 22" 226bw.

so my question to owners of this screen is: how can i find out if it is the 'a' or 's' model? is it easily displayed on the outside of the box? or will i have to open it up?

thanks guys,

hazza

I don't know about the box but you can remove the panel on the back where the stand attaches and it will say in there.

no idea what you mean, and why does it matter? all samsung screens are great.
Ive got the 19" widescreen 940BW last week and love it, more viewing space compared to my old ben-q 17" and so much brighter/sharper display, also got a DVI lead free with it :D

because samsung made 2 versions, the 's' and the 'a' model. and according to the reviews on overclockers.co.uk and bit-tech, the 's' model is better.
bit-tech.net | Samsung SyncMaster 226BW

"S v A
There has been some debate on various forums over the last few weeks about the panel technology inside the 226BW. One of the best (and longest threads) is here. There appear to be two versions of this monitor - one designated 'S' and one 'A'. We have the S panel here for review, and some gamers have been reporting that the S is a higher quality image.

Whilst the raw specifications on the two panels are the same in terms of contrast and response, but some are seeing slightly better image quality on the S, with the A having very noisy image dithering. Side by side, we are told there is a difference - although we have not seen an A panel to be able to comment on that. It's something to be aware of when ordering this monitor - you might want to check which variant you're going to be getting from your retailer."

S IS BETTER!!! lol

yea, i am thinking of buying this monitor, but i don't want to get the a or c panel. Why would they release different quality monitors, they could have just released all s panels.

From this thread I have been reading there isn't much difference in the quality, with some tweaking of your color settings the two monitors are almost identical. This doesn't excuse the fact that I want an S instead of an A. It seems that newegg has the A version. I don't know if they are all just mixed up and you get the luck of the draw or if you can find one that is specifically an s panel.

i think its criminal that samsung have 3 different versions!!

anywho, i have a nice little story:

I went to pc world yesterday, to purchased my screen which i ordered and reserved online. I got to the store, and they said that their servers are down, and that they are actually out of stock! I made a scene and stormed up to the manager, who consequentially said he was very sorry, and that i can have 10% off when they come into stock!! That means i will get the screen for £220.50! It sells for £270 on overclockers.co.uk!

GO ME!!!

lol

which pc world? im from the uk too.

Ive got an "A" model 940bw according to the sticker on the back, but im not bothered as the picture is superb, using DVI

its the one in reading. yeah, that what im hearing, that the 'a' model is still brilliant. but i think it would bug me, knowing in the back of my mind that my screen could have been better, for the same price!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom