Hey all soulafien here

here are my specs

biostar p4m800 mobo
1.5 gig 3200 ram
7600gs 8x agp
audigy sound blaster
300 watt psu
Intel Celeron D 340, 2933 MHz

first question --if i upgrade to the p4 3.0 gig will there be a noticeable difference in my gameplay?

second question can my psu power all that good enough?

games i play

battlefield 2142
nwn2

neverwinter nights 2 is an incredible resource hog and even on low settings(ie all the way down)its still choppy when theres any amount of action on the screen. will th p4 help this? or am i just throwing money away and should start saving for a new comp?

To get more gaming performance, it's the graphic card you should upgrade. If you upgrade to P4 3.0, yes...it is better than a Celeron, but you won't see a big difference.

The power supply will handle, the CPU upgrade though....but upgrading the graphic card, might require you to upgrade the PSU as well.

my gpu is better than some of my friends that play 2142 with me and they play it on all high settings with a amd 2000+ and a smaller gpu. yet i still have to turn my gpu way down to play with them and not be choppy?

Upgrading to a P4 will make a difference. not a BIG difference, but should give you quite a decent increase in performance. Everything else seems to be ok. Your graphics card is fine with a 300W psu.

Upgrading to a P4 will make a difference. not a BIG difference, but should give you quite a decent increase in performance. Everything else seems to be ok. Your graphics card is fine with a 300W psu.

u kidding me? P4 will make a huge difference. I recently uped my Sempron 2200+ to a Athlon XP 2500+ for 18 bucks and the doubled cache really helps.

Based on both of the games you're interested in playing, I would recommend a total upgrade. You won't be able to play either at really decent settings if you upgrade only your video card or CPU, and if you're going to upgrade both, I would recommend against it, since I think this is a socket 478 system, and your video card is AGP.

indeed it is 478 and im a poor family guy with little money for gaming so anyways heres my planned purchases

Brand Intel
Processors Type Desktop
Series Pentium 4
Model NE80546PG0801M
CPU Socket Type
CPU Socket Type Socket 478
Tech Spec
Core Prescott
Multi-Core Single-Core
Name Pentium 4 3.0E
Operating Frequency 3.0GHz
FSB 800MHz
L1 Cache 12KB+16KB
L2 Cache 1MB
Manufacturing Tech 90 nm
64 bit Support No
Hyper-Threading Support Yes
Virtualization Technology Support No
Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
Voltage 1.25-1.4V
Cooling Device Cooling device not included - Processor Only

Brand MASSCOOL
Model 9U291B1M3GO
Spec
Type Fan&Heatsinks
Fan Size 70mm
Compatibility Pentium 4 3.4 GHz (Prescott)
Pentium 4 3.2 GHz (Willamette / HT Northwood)
Celeron D 3.2 GHz (350)
Celeron 2.8 GHz (FC-PGA2)
Bearing Type Ball
RPM 3600 ±10% RPM
Air Flow 32.25 CFM at 3600 RPM
Noise Level 27.5 dBA
Power Connector 3 Pin, mainboard
Color Black
Physical Spec
Fan Dimensions 70 x 70 x 25mm
Heatsink Dimensions 90 x 78 x 47mm
Features
Features Easy install and remove system

i believe these are sufficient for the upgrade if not let me know.

if anyone can suggest a new tower for a very cheap price that will fit my needs then also let me knoe thank you for your help.

soulafien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom