Windows live messenger - just hanging at the "signing in" part

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
When I start up windows live messenger (for windows vista) it just keeps hanging at the "signing in" part and won't do anything. It was fine before I rebooted my computer, and I haven't rebooted in a week, I can't remember what I did to my computer before then. Any tips on how to solve this?

Have you tried to resolve the issue with in WLM? I know that when they give you the Cannot connect thing it says troubleshoot. Click that and it will tell you where it is failing on the sign in part.

No it won't even say that, it just hangs there for several minutes with the icons spinning, and then I just exit out of it.

Best bet is above. Remove it and then re-install it. Are you running the regular version or the WLM 8.5 Beta?

I'm running the regular version, and re-installing did not help. I tried to install the 8.5 one, but the installer just quits after I hit "accept" for the agreement part.

Have you run any spyware or virus scans? Google HiJack This and downlaod and install it. Then post the log here. That way we can see if there is anything that is underlying that could be causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom