mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1gh7

Baseband Member
so far i've picked out everything for my new computer except for the motherboard. What is a good motherboard for overclocking and is at the most $230

Here's my current list of parts

NZXT Lexa Midtower Case
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400GB
Hanns·G HW-223DPB 22" LCD Monitor
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 2900XT 1GB
KINGWIN 800W Power Supply
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Scythe Infinity (4 fans)
A-DATA Extreme Edition 4GB (4 x 1GB) DDR2 800

The P35-DS3R is probably the best overclocking mobo at the moment, and its also the newest chipset. I am very pleased with mine, and it comes highly recommened by others in this forum.

It should be cheaper than $230, the only thing is it doesnt have SLI or Crossfire. If you want those you will have to look at something like a 650i.

so far i've picked out everything for my new computer except for the motherboard. What is a good motherboard for overclocking and is at the most $230

Here's my current list of parts

NZXT Lexa Midtower Case
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400GB
Hanns·G HW-223DPB 22" LCD Monitor
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 2900XT 1GB
KINGWIN 800W Power Supply
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Scythe Infinity (4 fans)
A-DATA Extreme Edition 4GB (4 x 1GB) DDR2 800

First off have you bought that computer yet? Becuase a few things...

Kingwin don't make reliable PSU's, the HD2900XT isn't a very good price/performance card, A-Data Extreme isn't as good as G.skill HZ's for cheaper, and the Core 2 Quad is going to need a more powerful cooler than a Scythe Infinity I think.

However back to the OP

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

about the whole sli/crossfire thing. i'd rather have sli because i'm only using this card until the new nvidia ones come out and then i'll probably have two of them

about the whole sli/crossfire thing. i'd rather have sli because i'm only using this card until the new nvidia ones come out and then i'll probably have two of them

I don't support SLI because do you plan on getting two of the fastest series cards or whatever and spending 1200 on graphics cards? if not then a single one is better. However if you MUST have SLI (even though most people realize later it's not worth the money)

then this is a motherboard you want

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Also are you SERIOUSLY considering running a system like that with SLI 9 series with an 800w Kingwin PSU? Thats not very smart. Kingwin DON'T make that good of PSU's and there are much better around 180 bucks than it

well, changed my memory to g.skill, and picked the msi mobo, but the cooling for the quad core might be an issue still, i'll need something that will allow me to be able to overclock it to about 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom