Trying to add a video to powerpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I am trying to add a video file to powerpoint.

I thought it was a flash because the website that uses the video displays it with flash Here.

I downloaded the video from Here.

I suppose my biggest problem is I am not really sure of what kind of file I have.

Application? Do I need to convert it to something else first? Or do I use flash to play the application?

Thanks for any help.

Shot at 2007-07-05

There isnt a way to add a executable to a Powerpoint presentation. Have to convert the file to a .wmv or a .avi to add it into the presentation. Powerpoint wont allow for that to be added cause it is a .exe not a movie file.

There isnt a way to add a executable to a Powerpoint presentation. Have to convert the file to a .wmv or a .avi to add it into the presentation. Powerpoint wont allow for that to be added cause it is a .exe not a movie file.

Thanks Mak,

I'll look into concerting that to a usable file???

Any ideas how to convert it?

Thanks

Well since it is a .exe you would have to run it. then maybe use something like Camtasia can then record it and save it as a .avi file. If the file is shorther than 30 seconds you can also use FRAPS to record it.

Other than that i dont know of any conversions from a .exe to a movie. the program you linked to is flash based. I dont know if that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom