July 22, Quad Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game doesn't peak my interest so I can only say what I have read elsewhere and I believe it will.

When I said I personally will wait until more games utilize the quadcore technology or atleast make some headway I was thinking more along the lines of 100+ games as opposed to less than 5 (just a guess and by no means fact). IMHO 1 game having the ability to use the quadcore isn't worth $90 extra. Just depends on your personal preference and what your willing to spend.

I thought bioshock, alan wake, and crysis all had multicore support.... all three of those games look awesome. so 3 titles? haha

Geez, I've never changed my mind so many times in my life... I was going to get the e6850, then changed my mind to q6600, then changed to e6750, then thought of future proof and just decided with the q6600.

I saw some charts on the e6750 and it uses MORE power than the q6600 under full load AND when idle... which shocked me... and hence I decided to go with q6600 (fyi, i was worried about the cpu consuming too much power).

EDIT: hm. I shouldn't say the CPU itself consumes more power, the computers tested had same specs except for the CPU's. So the computer in general, with different CPU's, e6750 system eats more watts!!

That game doesn't peak my interest so I can only say what I have read elsewhere and I believe it will.

IMHO 1 game having the ability to use the quadcore isn't worth $90 extra. Just depends on your personal preference and what your willing to spend.

apparently you havent seen all the Crysis trailers...

Apparently I have seen them and I am still not interested in the game. Just because many people here rave about it doesn't mean eveyone has to like it. :)

People forget that future Half-life 2 episodes will have multi core support. How couldn't anyone be interested in those?

The engines not really demanding thought...even with enhancements ( except HDR ). Heck my friend with a p4 2.4 ghz and a geforce 4200 plays HL2!

The game gets more demanding as episodes get released. From what I've seen from episode two and its draw distances... it probably will be a lot more demanding. It has destructable environments, even houses. So while it wouldn't be necessary to have a multi core cpu, I can see it helping with future hl2 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom