my new build. Some help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much b1gapl, vernong1992, nagasama!!!!! really appreciate the help you gave!

Well it is built, currently installing win xp pro. Don't think I want vista. My secodn PC built first time successful just like my first as shown in my sig.

This new build is:
Antec 900 gaming case
A core 2 duo E6420 CPU
The Tuniq Tower 120 heat sink and fan
2GB(2x1) CORSAIR C4 DDR2 800 RAM
512MB geforce 7900GTX graphics card(taken from my old PC)
Soundblaster x-fi fatal1ty platinum sound card (taken from my old PC)
1 400GB seagate HDD
1 120GB WD HDD (taken form my old PC)
a couple of CD drives
620W Corsair PSU

It is currently not in its room yet lol, still in the conservatory due to the nice cool worspace there.
here are a few of pics :
DSC00473.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

Oh erm quick question regarding my CPU fan problem that i had b1gapl. It works but it takes about 2secs approx to turn on when I turn my PC on. Is this ok? I thought it might just be the time it takes for the power to reach it as it has to go throguh the mobo first but it may not be.

It's probably, because you have the fan connected to the sys header, instead of the CPU header...but it should be ok.

Glad everything went well.

that is good to know b1gapl.

Ok after the win xp installation, i need to update necessary drivers right? I am just tryin to think of what one does with a new PC....It has been a while since my first. What do i need to do apart from updating drivers. I have already done my BIOS settings (first thing i did).

I would like to do that vernong but how?

Oh and How do I ensure all my components are running smoothly. With my first pc I did not realise one of my HDD was faulty for a while!

that is good to know b1gapl.

Ok after the win xp installation, i need to update necessary drivers right? I am just tryin to think of what one does with a new PC....It has been a while since my first. What do i need to do apart from updating drivers. I have already done my BIOS settings (first thing i did).

I would like to do that vernong but how?

Oh and How do I ensure all my components are running smoothly. With my first pc I did not realise one of my HDD was faulty for a while!

get a program called 3dmark06(google it!!!), and do a screenshot of the picture, and post the score in ur sig!!!!

I know man, it is so out of place. It is not one I bought. The black is theo ne I bought. It was taken out of my old PC which was silver. I don't really want to paint over it.

the trial lets u use the score... but if u register it lets u compare scores to other ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom