Vista wallpapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
I have a laptop, with vista on it, and, every time i try to save a file to the windows folder Windows > Web > Wallpaper it says that permission is denied, and i must contact the system administrator to obtain permission. this doesn't make sense if the previous owner who gave me this laptop removed his account and created mine as the new administrator, what can i do to fix this?

It isnt that. The new UAC denies any file saving aside from the User account folder. Like the User>Download or User>Pictures folder. The way around this is either 1 turn off UAC. 2 is to go to the folder and right click>security. In that tab you have to edit the permissions to give yourself the rights to use that folder as the new admin. There is also a way to give yourself the admin account to prevent things like this. I put it in the Vista topic up top on page 58 or something like that.

WOW you really are a wizard techie, I went through the security settings and baddabing. I'll give your vista topic a look through, thanks for the quick fix.

It isnt that. I have used Windows Vista since it was in Beta and have come across this situation many times. Glad i was able to give you a nice easy solution. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom