Ultimate Framerates FPS for GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF @ SOLITARE O_O

FEAR shouls be a lot higher. i did a benchie, 6x quailty aaa +temporal AA, 16x hqaf, @ 1024 x 768 with a minimum of 40 fps, normal was like 80, and the highest was 210 O_O

The numbers I posted were for the lowest possible fps I would play at without being completely annoyed. I like to play FEAR at 50 or higher to be completely happy. But on my old comp 35fps was the best I could do and it was playable.

Television often looks smooth because it is has a consistant framerate. Someone earlier said Halo looks smooth on the 30fps setting, because it is stuck on 30, and doesn't change. If you turn v-sync on on Halo, the framerate will fluctuate a little between 60 and 70 (depending on your refresh rate). This actually makes it seem a bit choppy.

"the human eye can only process 60 fps" I've heard similar to this, yet i could tell the difference between 60 and 70 fps, unless of course it was going below 60.

I think anything above about 15fps is playable, but not great.
20fps is really what you should aim for at minimum
30fps is smooth
40fps is better
60fps and above is best

is it possible to tweak halo because theres a setting called vsync, no vysnc and 30fps locked.... which would i choose for best frame rates if get my new system.... i will do some fraps recording :)

Television often looks smooth because it is has a consistant framerate. Someone earlier said Halo looks smooth on the 30fps setting, because it is stuck on 30, and doesn't change. If you turn v-sync on on Halo, the framerate will fluctuate a little between 60 and 70 (depending on your refresh rate). This actually makes it seem a bit choppy.

"the human eye can only process 60 fps" I've heard similar to this, yet i could tell the difference between 60 and 70 fps, unless of course it was going below 60.

oh lol i didn't know u posted about halo as well... but ya the description says visual tearing may occur, and vsync on is the best conisistent performance

ROFLMAO I take it that you didn't read the other people's comments... that gave me a good laugh.

edit: unless 24 is not choppy... but i think it is..

lol...i didn't read through it, i just scrolled and posted it.

but i think the human can only see like 60 or something.

well just to weigh in on a medical point of view. the human eye sees images at 30 frames per second with 1000000 dot wide image. so 30 fps and above is technically smooth. although its been tested that people can see random frames that don't go with the others at 70 fps. if you were watching a movie and someone put a frame in there that said "screw you" then you would see it if it was below 70. as for games good IMO is 60+ playable is 30-60 and crappy is 20-0 (sometimes you cant notice choppiness at 25 if you are not looking for it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom