$1000 to spend on a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. You'll be paying 100% more, for about 20-40% performance boost, which isn't a good trade-off. It will help though, if you are playing games on very high resolutions, like 2560 x 1600.

Absolutely not. You'll be paying 100% more, for about 20-40% performance boost, which isn't a good trade-off. It will help though, if you are playing games on very high resolutions, like 2560 x 1600.

thats right :) unless after ur build u get a really nice deal on an extra card

hello i'm getting a new computer and i want to clear a few things up. Should i get 2gb of memory now? Or will 1 do fine until i can afford another stick? Um do i want to co with fan cooled or water cooled? Is (Quad-Core Supports) Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard and (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 CPU @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T good enough. Basically i just want a really good fast computer that will let me max out on games now and last me several years with not upgrades though i prolly will. Any advise i would greatly appreciate thanks.

hello i'm getting a new computer and i want to clear a few things up. Should i get 2gb of memory now? Or will 1 do fine until i can afford another stick? Um do i want to co with fan cooled or water cooled? Is (Quad-Core Supports) Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard and (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 CPU @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T good enough. Basically i just want a really good fast computer that will let me max out on games now and last me several years with not upgrades though i prolly will. Any advise i would greatly appreciate thanks.

1GB will do fine for medium gaming as I did it for 3 months and It was fine. However 2GB packs of good DDR2 memory can be had for as low as 70-80 bucks if you look. Still to answer your question you can hold off on a second gig for a little while longer and still get decent frames. However that is your next upgrade if you do that

I finally started ordering parts. I'm gonna wait to get the harddrive, mobo, cpu, and memory at once.

Nothing special, but its a start. More will be posted as I order :)

Case -
FRYS.com | Antec
Optical Drives -
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - Retail
Newegg.com - NEC Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Model FD1231H-302 - OEM
HSF -
eWiz.com 4th of July Offer Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Fan For Intel CPU
Mouse -
Newegg.com - Logitech G5 2-Tone 6 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser Mouse - Retail
Keyboard -
Newegg.com - Microsoft ZG6-00006 OEM Black 103 Normal Keys 10 Function Keys PS/2 Wired Standard Keyboard 500 - Retail

Grand Total of $233.64 with shipping. My budget is now $1400 with monitor and everything. With the list I have now, I should be right around $1350 after July 22nd

several years without an upgrade???? thats a bit crazy.... since that system may get outdated by the middle of next year..... maybe even the end of this year.... in the world of technology, things move fast, one thing seems like a real good price then that technology is old and u have to move on to keep up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom