Overclocked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dmark06 crashes on me once i bump FSB up to 350, its stable at 333, ram is at 444 again and it seems to pass, looks like this is where my journey ends

but hey, i passed 10k on 3dmark06 on 1440x900

Try setting the memory no higher than 400mhz, and the slowly up the fsb 5-10 each time. You have a good mobo and it should be able to handle a higher fsb, and i would be very suprised if your cpu needs more voltage to get it there...but it might.

Nice score though, i only manage 6k - once upon a time my 7900GT was good, lol.

Can you explain why it should be kept at 1:1? It's probably valuable information for this guy, and I'm curious as well.

it was important in the older intels, the idea being that if your ram was at 500mhz and your fsb was at 400mhz, you are bottlenecking the memory. conversely, if the fsb was 450 and the ram was 333mhz, you are not using the full potential of the cpu. i just dont think it makes a tremendous difference in the c2d's. now, whether that is because of an architecture change or just because they are just so fast, i dont know.

to the O.P. your ram will probably run 1000+mhz, if you up the voltage to 2.1V
you may get lucky and it will be stable at 4-4-4-12-2T, but likely you will have to lossen the timings to 5-5-5-15-2T to run it that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom