Overclocked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
well i decide to listen to all of you and decided to overclock...it may not sound like much but i got my processor to 2.7 with a 9x multiplier...i still have the IEST or somethign on that reduces the multiplier to 6x when idle, will that affect anything? my computer has never broken the 32C mark(arctic freezer 7, and i like the cold so the ac is usually on)

and i need a program to stress my RAM and my CPU, my gpu is alrdy overclocked at 576/1700 so i don't think i want to push it any further...i didn't increase any voltage in my CPU, and my RAM runs at 800mHz 4-4-4-12-2t at 1.9v so i gotta make sure they're stable before i go any further...help me achieve 3.0GHz so i won't have to dump 266 on a quad core on july 22nd.

lol anything free? on a side note, my wireless card keeps on giving me BSOD, im sure its the wireless cuz everytime i restart it it gives me BSOD

edit: found a cpu stressing program..using orthos and temperatures shot to 45C

found a cpu stressing program..using orthos and temperatures shot to 45C

While orthos is a very good stressing program, it will give you temps much higher than any real world application. For example i have seen my cpu at 50C in orthos, yet in oblivion it doesnt go above 38C...

2 hours, no errors, stable? i did the blend test where it stresses both the RAM and the CPU

currently runnning 333x9, ram at 444 so 3:4 ratio...i just had my first scare when my CPU failed to boot, i tried to set my ram at 1000 with 4-4-4-12 and 1.95v ...i think im set for now.

what do you guys think is faster? running my ram at 444 so its a 3:4 ratio (was closest to a whole number ratio), or lowering my ram to 333 so its a 1:1 ratio with tighter timings?

what do you guys think is faster? running my ram at 444 so its a 3:4 ratio (was closest to a whole number ratio), or lowering my ram to 333 so its a 1:1 ratio with tighter timings?

Probably tighter timings at that speed. But if you overclocked the ram to say >1000Mhz and had slower timings (eg. 5,5,5,15) it should be faster.

keep it at 1:1 ratio. But also keep raising your fsb. 3.0 is nothing,especially when you have an aftermarket cooler.

keep it at 1:1 ratio. But also keep raising your fsb. 3.0 is nothing,especially when you have an aftermarket cooler.
Can you explain why it should be kept at 1:1? It's probably valuable information for this guy, and I'm curious as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom