Question about power supply needs and conroe processor? Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you could check the two links there and tell me if the mobo and processor are compatible?.
I'm sure they are but i'm getting last minute order jitters!.

They are compatible....wont do much overclocking with a 945P chipset...see if you cant get a 965Por 650i chipset.

They are compatible....wont do much overclocking with a 945P chipset...see if you cant get a 965Por 650i chipset.

lol its a 945p chipset.... ya its better to get a retail cpu, cuz ur not going much of an overclock

What about this?.

EVGA nForce 650i Ultra, Sockel 775, ATX
hardwareversand.de - Artikel-Information

Would that have enough slots to take a pci sound card and pci wifi card as well as the g card?.

I'm thinking, is overclocking a thing you can just set in the bios and forget about or do you have to continually monitor the machine?.

Is it an advanced use of a computer more suited to people who understand the technology rather than myself, more or less a novice when it comes to the intricate nature of the hardware?.

If it is a bit more than just setting the bios, then I'd be happy to stick with the original motherboard I mentioned.
But if needs be and the 650i nforce i mentioned there may be an option too pending your judgements of it's performance?.

yes thats a good motherboard. it has 2 PCI slots for the wireless and sound card and two PCi-E for 2 g cards if you wanted. Much better board than a 954P..much better

That's gonna have to be the one then.
I think I'm done, again thanks for both of your advice.
I'll post back here when the whole thing is built.

yes thats a good motherboard. it has 2 PCI slots for the wireless and sound card and two PCi-E for 2 g cards if you wanted. Much better board than a 954P..much better

the 650i ultra has one PCI-e slot... and 3 PCI

oh thats the one with only one to cut cost right? Doesn't matter he won't use SLI anyway

u would think that with the "ultra" in it, it would be pricier..... but tis the cheapest 6 series nforce mobo there is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom